Tuesday, January 19, 2010

When hobos try to give me publications

Hey man, I appreciate your plight, and I'm sure a thousand different factors contributed to your current situation, but I just don't want to read your Community Action Now leaflet. No disrespect. And you there, I'd love to toss some change your way, especially if it means I don't have to read the March 2002 issue of Overcoming With Integrity. I'm sorry, it just looks really boring. Oh, hey there. How about instead of you handing me the latest FairStart Bi-Monthly Newsletter, I hand you a slice of pizza and we call it even? No, no, no, I'm certainly not judging you and it's not because there seems to be a booger on it, although that certainly is a deterrent. It's just that, well, I'll come right out and say it, I don't like to read things that make me super-depressed. And you, with the rag cleverly tied to the end of a stick so it makes a convenient little travel pack, do you even read Inter-Faith Council's Social Service Circular? I didn't think so. Now, let's work on getting you a blanket and some hot tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment