Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Native American views on picture taking

Selfish, selfish, selfish. They are a beautiful people. But very selfish. I have a special spot in my loft that’s screaming for a little Navajo mojo. Do you know how much chicks would eat that up? Not to mention the nook in my bathroom that's in desperate need of a 10x10 black and white of someone deep, brooding and in touch with the natural world. There’s something about an intense stare the really helps me rock out a deuce. It’s about focusing and letting go at the same time. That, and respect. It’s mostly about respect. And bran muffins. It’s about focusing, letting go, respect and bran muffins. Listen, photos don’t steal your soul just like dream catchers don’t catch your dreams. I found that out long ago when I dreamed of getting adopted by a decent family. Looks like that one slipped through the net, hey? Well who needs you, Native Americans? Not me. Who just got a 2003 Mazda 6 all by himself? I did. That's right. I don’t need anyone. All I really need right now is a moment to collect myself.

1 comment:

  1. As an artistic and constantly brooding Native American Female, I'd gladly grace your bathroom with my photograph.

    ReplyDelete