Thursday, February 4, 2010

The High Price of Fruit Salads

If you're anything like me you'll agree that fruit salads are the absolute cat's meow. For my taste, there's nothing like an assortment of wet, pre-cut pieces of nature's candy packaged in an environmentally irresponsible container and ready to be devoured. But why so expensive? We're talking upwards of $8 a pop. Look, I have nine kids - several of which I take financial responsibility for. You think it's easy to tell little Pierre he'll have to go without shoes for a couple months? How about when sweet Mackenzie discovers she has to act sick on field trip day because we can't afford the $5 to go see the monkeys. It's not a good feeling, but I think it's a nice character builder for them. Meanwhile, papa gets to kick back and savor the succulence.

1 comment: